February 3, 2007

I Sometimes Seemed To Have Lived For 70 Or 100 Years In One Night

Opal - Happy Nightmare Baby (1987)

"The sense of space, and in the end, the sense of time, were both powerfully affected. Buildings, landscapes &c. were exhibited in proportions so vast as the bodily eye is not fitted to receive. Space swelled, and was amplified to an extent of unutterable infinity. This, however, did not disturb me so much as the vast expansion of time..."

- Thomas de Quincey, Confessions of an English Opium Eater (1821).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you! Opal is fantastic!

gomonkeygo said...

Thanks! When I find my copy, I'll put up Early Recordings, too.

Anonymous said...

Early Recordings is also great. You've saved me countless hours of vinyl ripping. Opal...Tar Babies...how much deeper into the 80's SST catalogue can you go? Angst?? Phantom Tollbooth?? Crazy Backwards Alphabet????

Anonymous said...

Big-Thank-You-s... for this high quality download. This record is a-must-hear! :) A